If you are one with the definitive sweet tooth, who however needs to get into eating more foods that are beneficial to ones health, this one just might be the perfect candidate for you.
As we all know, yogurt is packed with calcium and pro-biotics making our main ingredient good for your bones and excellent for your digestion. The cocoa solids in chocolate contain a good amount of iron together with natural anti-oxidants, which lowers blood pressure, raises serotonin levels while alleviating migraines and depression. Being semi-sweet you get more of the cocoa solids while getting only half the calories compared to regular milk chocolate.
What’s more making this dessert is wonderfully easy and swift to make. This recipe is from the AICA culinary school. First off, you’ll need these simple ingredients:
– ¼ cup – Semi-sweet chocolate
– ¼ cup – Yogurt (To choose the right kind with the most health benefits, choose the yogurt packaging that says it has ”live and active cultures” and “vitamin D”.)
– 2 pcs – Egg whites
– Sugar – 2 tbsp. (or to taste)
– Melt Semi-sweet Chocolates in a saucepan and let cool.
– In a bowl, combine Egg Whites and Sugar. Beat until Egg Whites form almost stiff peaks.
– Combine Chocolate and Yogurt in a separate bowl.
– Fold in Egg Whites to the Chocolate mixture and combine well.
– Pour into jar or any appropriate container and chill overnight to set.
Author : Samantha Samonte is a writer for Culinary One, a blog about culinary careers, cuisine and food in all its scrumptious glory. She spends the rest of her time guest blogging for other websites.