Human beings require adequate amounts of nutrients to function properly. The essential elements that the body needs to generate energy and fight diseases and grow muscles include proteins, vitamins, minerals as well as carbohydrates. These nutrients must be taken in the appropriate amount so that the body burns out the calories that you take in. This will prevent obesity and other diseases. But some individuals suffer from diabetes that causes the blood sugar level to increase. Such individuals need to stay on a strict sugar-free diet.
But with the availability of sugar substitutes you do not have to forsake all your favorite desserts. Using sugar-free ingredients, more of fruits and sugar substitutes you can serve delicious desserts for the diabetics and those on low fat diet. You must have already tried out many of the sugar-free dessert recipes till now. Here is one that might be a new addition to your collection of sugar-free recipes.
Sugar Free Fudge Brownies
1. Low fat margarine.
2. Unsweetened chocolate.
3. Low fat skimmed milk.
4. Apricot preserves with sugar substitutes.
5. Apricot fruit spread.
6. Egg yolk.
7. Vanilla essence.
8. Flour (avoid white flour)
9. Egg whites.
10. Cream of tartar.
11. Baking powder.
12. Artificial sweetener.
How to prepare the brownie mix
- Take a saucepan and heat margarine, chocolate, milk and apricot preserves and stir frequently till the chocolate melts. Take care so that lumps are not formed.
- In another bowl whisk the egg yolk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl keep the flour, sugar substitute, baking powder and salt properly sieved.
- Now mix the 3rd and the 4th ingredients to make a smooth and fluffy consistency.
- Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar well till they form stiff peaks.
- Now add the chocolate mixture into egg whites.
- Pour the entire batter into a greased baking pan and bake in pre-heated oven of 350 degrees for about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Check if the brownies are done with a toothpick that comes out clean.
- Do not over cook and so keep checking often.
- When done, cool it on a wire rack.
Your sugar free fudge brownies are ready to serve. Add chopped walnuts if you want. Since you have used sugar substitutes and all low fat ingredients, you can safely serve a diabetic or an obese patient. Actually after a certain age, everybody should maintain a diet that has less of sugar contents and low fat to stay healthy and fit.